You may be wondering what you are doing at a church website. You might be thinking, “Can I really get anything out of this?” You might even be saying to yourself, “What am I searching for?” Please keep reading. It is my belief that you are here for a purpose. God through His divine intervention has led you here and I believe that it is to find a relationship with His Son Jesus.
Do you know that God loves you? I know it doesn’t seem like it at times, but He does. Of all His creation, it was you that He bent down on His hands and knees and breathed the breathe of life into. (Gen. 2:7) He took His time with you. Why? Because He loved you, even before He created you. But there’s a problem now. See it’s not like it was in the beginning. We sinned. We went against God, the very One who created us. We were disobedient to God, and because He is just, He had to punish us. The punishment was separation from Him. However, God still loved us. He loved us so very much that He sent His only Son, Jesus, to show us how much He loves us. (1 John 4:9)
Jesus willingly gave up all that He knew and came down to live as a humble servant. (Phil. 2:5-8) And as a humble servant He did many loving things. He fed the hungry, healed the sick and made dead people alive again. (Matt. 9:35) However, many people rejected Jesus. They rejected His teachings and rejected Him as God’s Son. The people hated Jesus so much that they conspired to put Him to death on a cross. He suffered. He was beaten and bruised, nailed to a cross and then died. Why? If He was God’s Son, why did God allow this to happen? Well, the reason is you. That’s right it’s you. You were the reason. See, because we have sinned and fallen short of a relationship with God and the way He intended it to be in the beginning. God provided a way through His Son Jesus and His death so we might have that relationship with Him again in a new way. Because of Christ’s death you can be forgiven and live as a friend to God. Jesus died for you because He loves you. “Here is how God has shown His love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
The awesome part of the story is this: God brought His Son Jesus back to life. Jesus returned to His Father in heaven and stands at His Father’s right hand helping you to develop a relationship with Him. See, Jesus is alive today acting as an advocate for you and me to the Father God. Jesus loves you and wants to be your Savior and best friend. He loves you so much that He died for your sins and wants to help you live the way God wants you to live.
My question to you now is, do you want to have Jesus as your friend and Savior? If so it’s as simple as A, B, C.
- Admit to God you have disobeyed Him. (Romans 3:23)
- Believe God loves you and sent His Son, Jesus, to die for your sins so you may be forgiven. Then ask and receive God’s forgiveness. (John 3:16)
- Claim (know for sure) that Jesus is your Savior and best friend. Then get into a relationship with Him by starting to read and study His written Word, the Bible. And begin to live as a child of God. (Romans 10:13)
Pray your own prayer or, if you don’t know what to say, pray the following:
Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus to die on the cross for me. I admit that I have disobeyed You, and I am sorry. Please forgive me. I want Jesus to be my Savior and best friend. Help me to understand Your Word and give me a hunger to get to know You more. Also, help me to obey You everyday. I believe You have forgiven me. Thank You. Amen.
Welcome to the family of God. If you prayed this prayer please call us or write us on our web page and tell us about what just happened. We want to know because we want to pray for you. Now to help you develop a closer and more personal relationship with Jesus, here are a few suggestions.
- Learn more about Jesus through God’s book, the Bible.
- Talk to God as much as you can:
- Tell Him how thankful you are that He sent His Son.
- Talk to Him about your day. He wants to know every detail.
- Ask Him to help you always to obey Him.
- Ask Him for wisdom and understanding of His Word.
- Ask Him to help you become the person He created you to be.
- Find a church near you that is Biblically centered. If you are having trouble with this, contact us and we will help.
- Share the Good News of Jesus with others and don’t be afraid, Jesus will never leave you, He is always by your side.
- And if you feel you have disobeyed God, ask for forgiveness right away (1 John 1:9). Then keep on living as God’s friend.